Jim Rohn Action Quotes
The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch
Albert Schweitzer Happiness and Success Quotes
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you’ll be a success.
Lance Armstrong Pain Quotes
Pain is temporary; quitting is forever.
Joe Girard Success Quotes
The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs . . . one step at a time.
Matthew Keith Groves Winner Quotes
Winners lose much more often than losers. So if you keep losing but you’re still trying, keep it up! You’re right on track.
Vince Lombardi Never Give Up Quotes
It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
Thomas Edison Failure Quotes
Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Theodore Roosevelt Action Quotes
Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
Denis Waitley Life Changing Quotes
There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
Dalai Lama Happiness Quotes
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
Buddha Inspirational Quotes
Look not to the faults of others, nor to their omissions and commissions. But rather look to your own acts, to what you have done and left undone.
This is a guest post by Dora Houston, working as an essay writing specialist at academic essay purchase.
One should have big dreams and should aim high in life. Goal setting is the most important part in life for every individual. Ambitious people set high goals and strive to reach them, yet some others just let their life take its own course without doing anything proactively. Every activity needs proper planning. Any business enterprise no matter whether it is big or small presupposes excellent planning. Setting short term goals are the prerequisites for long term goals later in life.
1. It is desirable to write our plans, dreams, hopes and values. One can think with paper and pen in hand to jot down whatever comes to mind immediately. Writing your goals down helps you to segregate them later into the possible and impossible ones. One does not have to worry if some of the goals sound difficult at the first glance. Once you have written everything down, the next step is to rule out those ones who seem highly impossible to you or those who you feel do not have much value.
2. Once everything is on paper in terms of black and white, one has to choose the most important goals. Select two or three which need not be very specific in nature. Those which sound a little vague at the present moment would become very clear sometime later in life.
3. Under each goal you can write the probable ideas using which you would achieve your goals.
4. Be specific in the next step and write down the ways to achieve each of those goals. Under each goal you should have the ways to go about doing it.
5. Segregate short term goals and write them down on a separate sheet of paper. Short term goals must have a date by which you should achieve them. Fixing a deadline this way also helps us to work towards achieving them. We should also be dedicated and committed to it.
6. Each short term goal should be listed along with the steps to go about achieving it and also the date by which you think it should be accomplished.
Not having long term goals in life is a major point of concern and it would exactly be a void. Let the goals be very basic, but it is extremely important to have long term goals. Setting long term goals is like planning for your future. Once you planned future goals, your present becomes clearer. As you go on achieving short term goals and also a few initial steps towards some long term goals, you will start feeling contented. You would have lot of achievements to your credit as days go by. Therefore, it is highly essential to have short term goals which help us in setting and achieving our long term goals. Just as failure is the stepping stone to success, short term goals are the entry points through which you traverse a longer path and achieve your long term goals in life.
Motivation is the highly essential thing in life. One should have high levels of motivation in order to aim and achieve big things in life. With motivation one would be able to take a few steps every day towards realizing their dreams in life which will ultimately give them a sense of contentedness.
Be Better Quotes
Don’t be the same, be better!
Dudley Field Malone Agree Quotes
I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
Prescott Obstacle Quotes
An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Mother Teresa Feed Quotes
If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
Eric Butterworth Grow Through Life Quotes
Don’t go through life, grow through life.
This is a guest post by Sandra Mills freelance health, career, and travel writer. She enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures.
Why do you want to travel? Popular reasons include relaxing, seeing famous sights and broadening your horizons. Excuses can keep you from pursuing your dreams, though. Address these excuses head and then stop making them as you make travel plans today.
Travel Takes Too Much Time
Job, family and other commitments can keep you from traveling for pleasure. But you know that it’s possible to tweak your schedule and make time to pursue relaxing and fulfilling travel.
- Plan weekend getaways. Short weekend trips allow you to travel in short spurts. If possible, take a three-day weekend several times a year as you indulge your passion for sightseeing and exploration.
- Schedule long vacations at least a year in advance. This extended planning time ensures you obtain your passport and other travel documents, buy travel tickets and arrange reliable pet sitting months or weeks in advance instead of at the last minute.
Travel Jeopardizes Work
Your job is important, but it shouldn’t keep you from enjoying life. Whether you recently started a new job or work in an established career, these are three things to consider that will give you time to travel this year.
- Ask your boss about ways to increase available vacation time. Working a few extra overtime hours each week, trading days with coworkers or combining sick and vacation time could boost your available vacation days.
- Spend part of your vacation working. Ideally, vacations are for getting away from the office, but you may need to agree to check in via email at the very least. Be sure to set boundaries for how much time you’ll work and what tasks you’ll do so that you’re not spending all your travel time at work.
- Consider quitting your job. If you’re unhappy in your career and longing to travel, this seemingly drastic option may be one to think about. Shaking things up by leaving your current position will give you a fresh start when you return. Likewise, use your marketable skills to work while you travel, whether that means you perform manual labor, waitress or consulting online.
Travel Neglects the House
A home can become an invisible tether since it requires regular upkeep. You can maintain your home and travel, though, with creative solutions.
- Hire a house sitter. He or she can keep up with the lawn maintenance and perform other small tasks around the house as you travel.
- Swap houses. You live in someone else’s home, and they live in yours as you get to see the world and know that your home is cared for.
- Hire a caretaker. Maintenance, repairs and snow removal occur on schedule thanks to a live-in caretaker, neighbor, or a worker you’ve hired through a service.
Travel Costs Too Much Money
Vacations can be expensive as you pay for transportation to your destination, delicious local food and comfortable accommodations. You can afford the things you prioritize, however, so you’ll be able to afford to travel this year when you try a few money saving tips from Nomadic Matt.
- Cut expenses. Brew coffee at home, stop eating out so often, downsize your car and shop secondhand for clothing and home goods. Place the money you save into your travel fund.
- Increase your income. Take a second job at nights or on the weekends for extra cash. If you want to travel for weeks or months at a time, find a job in your host country where you bartend, work on farms or babysit.
- Couch surf. Thousands of people across the globe participate in couch surfing. It provides affordable accommodations and can be a lot of fun!
- Use a rail pass. If your destination allows for rail travel, buy a pass. It gives you flexible travel options and you’ll save the money you would have spent on individual trips, cab rides, etc. if you purchase one ahead of time, or at the station.
How many excuses do you have for not traveling? Put that energy into finding a workable solution instead. Stop making excuses and start planning your dream vacation today.
Sid Caeser Life Quotes
In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.
Jim Rohn Life Change Quotes
Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.