meaning of life
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde
I’ve seen a lot of lost soul, people who repeat the same thing each day even though they dislike it. And I have seen a lot of dreamers, people who have great vision but caged in their own tiny circle, which others known as the comfort zone.
This is a guest post by Hannah Brooklyn, who traveled across states and shares her experiences through writing in Travel and Health Niche.
5 Things to do when you hit a low point in Life
There are many things that you can do to help lift yourself out of a rut. Becoming motivated may not seem easy to do when you’re at a low point in life. By following a few of these tips, you will be on your way to overcoming your low feeling and being happy again.
- Ask Why: Why are you feeling the way that you do? Where did this feeling come from? How can you fix it? Once you find the answer to those questions you can go about fixing the origin of your problem. Dig deep to find the root cause. Don’t allow this problem to return and affect you again. The best form of security is prevention.
- Buy Yourself Something To Increase Your Mood: Sometimes we give so much time and energy to other people. This can drain us. Sometimes we need to focus on ourselves. There’s nothing wrong with giving yourself a gift once in a while. Sometimes you can’t feel good on the inside, no matter how hard you try, so it’s time to use outside sources to feel better. Buy something that specifically makes you feel good. If you can, go out have fun for a change. This will increase your mood significantly.
- Exercise and Eat Healthy: Working out and breaking a sweat will immediately put you in a good mood. Reaching a low point in life could be attributed to depression. When the bad feelings come you may feel really uncomfortable. Eating healthy will make you feel alive again and full of energy. You will feel better as a result of thinking clearly. Eating raw vegetables and fresh fruits will help remove the impurities from your brain and actually help your mind with concentrating on solutions.
- Pray: If you believe in a higher power, pray to it. Ask it for guidance and blessings to help you overcome your problems. If you don’t believe in a higher power then meditate to yourself and get spiritual. Calm your mind and seek spiritual guidance from Mother Nature. Go to a relaxing beach and listen to the waves. Feel the wind flow through your body, and connect with the vibration and energy from the ocean. After a while, you’ll receive an answer to your problems from the universe. Just doing this act alone will help lift your mood tremendously.
- Use the Law of Attraction: You are what you attract. Most likely you’re feeling low because you’ve attracted it. You get exactly what you focus on. Focus on the positive and positive things will attract to you. Some people may find it hard to focus on happy things in a time of despair. Use affirmations and repeat positive phrases to yourself over and over again. You will feel your mood start to lift. If none of these tips help you to increase your low mood, then it may be time to seek some professional help. Being stuck in a constant low point in life is a sign of a possible mental disorder. Sign up for your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) so you can get the professional help you need to start feeling better today!
This is a guest post by Hannah Brooklyn, who traveled across states and shares her experiences through writing in Travel and Health Niche.
8 Ways on How to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Self-confidence is trust in oneself and one’s abilities. How does one boost this self-confidence? Below are some of the ways.
Dressing affects the way a person feels about himself. Dressing nice changes the way one looks at himself and makes one feel presentable and successful. This is done by wearing neat clothes, shaving and following the latest fashion trends closely.
Take Pride in Own Good Qualities
Think about things which make your personality great like ability to withstand pressure, negotiation skills or sense of humour. It makes you to admire your inner self, your personality. Write them down on paper and whenever you feel low, remind yourself about them.
It is said that when we are negative about ourselves we tend extend those had feelings to others around us. Some even go to a point of insulting others. Avoid negative talk about others who are not present and learn a culture of praising them and in this case you will get loved and in the long run you build your self-confidence significantly without even knowing. Get rid of negativity sources as many as you can, sit down and think about all of them. These are the things that can bring you down at any time. These sources may include friends or a career path.
People with bad posture are seen as lacking self-confidence. You do this because you don’t feel important. Practicing good posture makes you feel more confident in what you do. You have to stand upright and make steady eye contact and the result is positive impression from people around. Making eye contact will make you feel that you are an important person to talk to.
Learn to Speak
Many people have unjustified fear of speaking up in a group. They think that others will judge their ideas as stupid. It is true that the people you fear have the same problems as you use the same small groups to build your confidence and become a better public speaker.
Focus on Contribution
Focus on others than being self-centred because this will help you not to worry about your failures so much. The more you contribute to the outside world, the more you gain self-confidence. Contribution will eventually be rewarded with success and recognition.
Put the positive thinking into action in order to develop you self-confidence. As a matter of fact, you are what you do and if you change what you do, you change yourself. Even in difficult situations, tell yourself that you can. Don’t let negative thoughts or negative actions of others to make you think that you don’t have what it takes to achieve your goals. Remain positive.
Physical fitness has a great impact on self-confidence and if you have a problem with your shape definitely you will feel less attractive or energetic. Having the will to work it out will make you feel better. In order to build self-confidence one has to have qualities like courage, curiosity and constancy.
This is a guest post by Marie Mccormack, who works at the UK’s leading psychic reading service, TheCircle.
Don’t Let Life Pass You By: Take a Moment to Reflect and Refocus
Life is so fast-paced for many of these days with numerous work and family commitments to juggle around with, it often seems that the days can quickly turn into weeks and months and everything just seems to be a bit of a blur.
It is important for our mental and physical wellbeing to find a moment for ourselves each day so that you can reflect on what is going on in your life and be more prepared for it. Reflecting, giving yourself space and time to absorb big changes is something that you really need to schedule into your busy day, so here are some reasons why it will help you to avoid that feeling that life is simply passing you by.
Reflection is a valuable learning tool
It is highly recommended that you try to develop the daily habit of reflection in your life as you will quickly find that it really helps you to learn from your mistakes.
What tends to happen when we don’t take the time to reflect on our mistakes, is we often end up repeating them in the future. Try to break this cycle by taking a moment or two each day to reflect on your recent mistakes and work out in your mind how you might be able to avoid them happening again at a later date.
You can take a positive view that mistakes are actually a valuable learning tool and rather than feel ashamed or embarrassed by your actions or words, reflect on what has happened and then focus on improving your prospects of avoiding a repeat scenario.
Time for ideas
Taking a moment to reflect and refocus each day will often give you the breathing space and time that you need in your mind to formulate some new ideas and plans for the future.
By reflecting on aspects of your life that you feel could be improved or by sharing problems with other people that you trust, there is a very good chance that your mind will repay your devotion to a bit of quiet time, by letting some new ideas pop into head and light up the pathway to a new way of doing things when it is needed.
If you take the opportunity to reflect on all the things that you have done right recently or in your life generally, then these positive thoughts where you try to celebrate the life that you are leading and all the good parts of it, will invariably help you to feel happier and put you in a positive mood.
It is unfortunately far too easy these days to reflect on our failures and on aspects of our work or personal life that we could have handled better, but with the aid of daily reflection it becomes a lot easier to banish these negative thoughts and instead concentrate on the positive aspects, of which there are often many when you go looking for them in your mind.
If you want to stop that feeling that life is passing you by, take a moment out of your busy day and pause for reflection, it will probably do you the power of good.
For weeks, a father noticed that his 9 years old son will sneak off from their house, carrying a backpack. Out of curiosity, he decided to tag along. What he found was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.
It turns out that his son, Ken was feeding some stray dogs that he met.
They are starving and seemingly infected with diseases.
He named the dogs “Brownie”, “Blackie” and “White Puppy”.
Ken’s dad explained, “I am embarrassed to say I was pretty disgusted. But my son changed my perspective entirely. He doesn’t have my prejudice and paranoia, I guess. I was blown away when I saw that little zombie pup do a hi-five again and again.”
A Dream Since 8 Years Old
Ken had wanted to start an animal shelter since he was 8 years old. He drew and created posters for awareness around his neighborhood.
But lack of responses from the neighborhood until one day popular websites shared about his story online.
Thanks to the internet, lots of kind people read about his act and donated money for his act. This allowed Ken to buy high quality canned food, and provide them with veterinary care.
Now they healed and become healthy! Their open wounds healed, and the fur grew back.
And one important thing – they had learned not to scared of humans.
Happy and healthy Dog!
P.S: Stumble upon this when I was reading news online, and I’m truly touched by this kid’s actions. Thus personally make a donation too to support his action and decided to write this up on Inspiration Boost, in hopes to spread this kindness to more people around the world. I hope that this will help reach out more kind people out there to support his act too. Cheers!
Top 101 Most Popular Quotes of All Time
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances & never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted.”
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.”
- “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*ck on.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
Martin Luther King Jr
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
“I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- “Don’t expect your friend to be a perfect person. But, help your friend to become a perfect person. That’s true friendship..”
- “Ignore those people who’s always talking behind your back. That’s where they belong, just behind your back.”
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion!”
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
Bernard M. Baruch
- “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – That’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
- “Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.”
John F. Kennedy
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
William Watson Purkey
- “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
- “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- “Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.”
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
- “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- “Great minds discusss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion!”
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
- “A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
- “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not…”
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.”
- “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.”
Gordon A. Eadie
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
- “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
- “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .””
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
- “If you’re born poor, it’s not your mistake. But if you die poor, it’s your mistake.”
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- “I live by ‘Go big or go home.’ That’s with everything. It’s like either commit and go for it or don’t do it at all. I apply that to everything. I apply that to relationships, I apply that to like sports, I apply that to everything. That’s what I live by. That’s how I like it.”
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
- “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
- “Silence & smile are two powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems & Silence is the way to avoid many problems.”
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
- “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.”
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
- “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”
- “You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back…”
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- “Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.”
- “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
- “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
Martin Luther King Jr
- “Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong.”
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
- “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
- ”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
- “I don’t dislike my haters, they dislike me. I’m doing nothing wrong, I’m just being me.”
- “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
- “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs!”
- “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.”
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
- “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it can.”
- “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”
“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
*So what’s your favorite quote? Share it in comment.
A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. | John Burroughs
1. Stop Blaming
When you start blaming,
- You start pointing all your mistakes to someone else.
- You tend to avoid all the mistakes made by yourself
- You start to avoid facing yourself and become a fake you
- You will still the same while others are keep growing, including those you point your fingers at
2. Stop Complaining
Life sucks? Trust me, your life isn’t as sucks as you might think, so stop complaining and appreciate life. Complaining about life won’t lead you to a better life, yet wasting your time and energy on that. Instead, take action and make your life better so you get fewer things to complain about in life.
3. Stop Rationalize Things
Do you always hear someone explain a lot to you, just to get you to agree with him on something? Especially on how the other factors cause the failure of themselves in anything, making them “still” look great in front of people despite of their failure.
4. Stop Criticizing Others
If you comment and giving suggestion to that particular person you are criticizing on so that he can improve and grow from mistake and be a better person, go for it. But if you criticize just to criticize, stop it right away. When your job every day is to criticize people, you leave a negative impact on people’s mind, that you will always put a negative mark on people’s head. Instead, change it to be motivating, positive and supporting comment that makes a real impact and help on others.
5. Stop Backstabbing Others
It won’t make either yours or others’ life to be better; it’s just a waste of time with negative energy field around. Believe it or not, people will rather choose to stay away from you and not getting close to you. Why? It is because they won’t know when they’ll be in the backstabbing list of yours and getting lots of negative and mostly one side opinion about them! Nobody loves the feel of being backstabbed by someone else and getting a fake bad name (the problem is, people somehow did believe in what these “backstabber” talking about their negativity).
6. Stop Finding Excuses
Excuses are like the temporary shelter you made for yourself to avoid the rain, it won’t last long and you need to build it, repair it again and again, more and more to cover yourself from more “rain”. We human are relating and connecting to one another, people will surely find out that all you know is getting excuse follow with another excuse without any real capability.
Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. | Carl Sandburg
7. Stop Wasting Time
Try analysis your 24 hours of time, does it pass too fast without you able to do anything significant or important? Where had you waste your time? Stop wasting your time on things that does not important and needed at all. Always question yourself this question: “Does it important? Can I skip it or deduct time spent on this, so that I can have more time on other important task?”
Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you. | Unknown
8. Stop Comparing
No one is exactly the same, so stop comparing about how great you are or how weak you are compared with someone else. It will only lead you to egoistic or other way round, de-motivate. Instead of comparing the good and bad, why not learn from each other, or even better team up to produce greater power? Isn’t it awesome?
9. Stop Showing Off
You might feel that bragging about what you got and what you achieve that others don’t is great, but that will only make you feel great, for a while; while others don’t feel any great thing about it, yet dislike it. It is like you do self-promote telling others how great you are, even a tiny bit of an achievement that you are proud of (which might not always looks “WOW” for other people). If your “success story” inspiring others to strive harder in life and achieve more in life, that’s great; but most of the time people loves to showing off just to compare what they got and look down on what others don’t. Is it necessary? Be humble.
10. Stop the Negative Mind
Nothing is perfect in this world. If you pursue perfection, you will never get there; only better and better. So don’t be de-motivate on every tiny thing and be sad. As an example, for negative people, failure means the big stone in front of them that stop them from keeping moving; while positive minded people will treat it as the brick stone building the stairway to success. There’ll never be only one solution to any question or problem in this world; how you treat it is within your own mindset.
The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear. | Brian Tracy
11. Stop Living in Your Past
People always looking at their past, remember the past failures, fear and stop moving forward; or proud of the past achievement and keep talking, thinking, bragging about it, and lost the opportunity to build a better present and future. If you stop moving forward, you’re actually moving backward, as time, society, surrounding will keep changing; you will get eliminated very soon. Just learn from the past, and live the best out of your present, for achieving the better future.
12. Stop Thinking Like You Know Everything
Egoistic will lead you to nowhere; it will only set a small square box fitting you inside and fake voice praising how great you are. The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know, so don’t stop learning and growing.
13. Stop Telling People What to Do
Even if you are the King or the Queen, you shouldn’t control people’s life, you live yours and they live theirs. Nobody like to be bossed around, I believe the same goes to you. Instead, change it to sharing knowledge and motivate each other would achieve the best result, empowering others while the environment fill with positive charge. Respect others’ life and decision, and they will respect you.
14. Stop the Hatred
Do remember that hatred will only hurt you yourself; it won’t affect people you hate. Let go and forgive, as everyone did mistakes sometimes, no one is perfect. It’s better to have more friends than the enemy, isn’t it?
15. Stop Delay
The only thing matter is NOW, the power of now. Stop dragging things to tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. Burden and tasks will get heavier if you get things delay. You could definitely able to imagine (or did experience before) how the delay of flight affect your schedule, miss an important meeting, lost a million dollar contract. Same goes for your life, if you delay things on and on, things will get worse, leaving troubles for the future.
16. Stop Eating LOUD
This seems like a joke, but it annoys people around you lots more than you think. Many people around eating with lots of sound from mouth (you know what I mean), nom nom nom nom… yam yam yam yam… It is so annoying to people around. We are human, but some might claim they’re still consist mostly animal part in them, so eating with so much sound consider reasonable for them. Do control self’s behavior, you might not notice it, but people around will experience it deeply, annoy, lost focus, distract. Please shut your mouth when chewing, you can be better looking in front of girls or even guys with just a little more polite when eating.
17. Stop Checking Social Media Websites Constantly
Perhaps deep inside your heart, you feel great when there’s a new message send to you, as that means you are important to someone out there; or you just love to hang on Facebook, Twitter, keep refreshing your browser hoping to see new content, what your friends talking about the last few minutes, what new videos they shared few seconds ago, stalking people’s profile and new pictures. It’s the biggest distraction in your daily life, and you won’t be able to get many important things done with that with you. After all, it is not your full time job to keep refreshing your browser. :p
18. Stop Checking Mail Constantly
New offers, latest promotion, new article written by blogger send to your mail, junk mail, spam mail, and a little important email. Many people will allow it to pop up on the desktop or ring on mobile device right the next seconds it reached. You will end up open your mailbox for more than 10 times per day, and get distracted every hour. Stay focus and you can achieve more.
P.S. In most of the time, if it is less, it’s fine; but when it comes to many, like complain hundred times a day, checking mails every minute, showing off and looking down on people every single seconds; it become the “disaster” on you.
So what is the Not-to-Do-List of yours?
This is a guest post by Dora Houston, working as an essay writing specialist at academic essay purchase.
One should have big dreams and should aim high in life. Goal setting is the most important part in life for every individual. Ambitious people set high goals and strive to reach them, yet some others just let their life take its own course without doing anything proactively. Every activity needs proper planning. Any business enterprise no matter whether it is big or small presupposes excellent planning. Setting short term goals are the prerequisites for long term goals later in life.
1. It is desirable to write our plans, dreams, hopes and values. One can think with paper and pen in hand to jot down whatever comes to mind immediately. Writing your goals down helps you to segregate them later into the possible and impossible ones. One does not have to worry if some of the goals sound difficult at the first glance. Once you have written everything down, the next step is to rule out those ones who seem highly impossible to you or those who you feel do not have much value.
2. Once everything is on paper in terms of black and white, one has to choose the most important goals. Select two or three which need not be very specific in nature. Those which sound a little vague at the present moment would become very clear sometime later in life.
3. Under each goal you can write the probable ideas using which you would achieve your goals.
4. Be specific in the next step and write down the ways to achieve each of those goals. Under each goal you should have the ways to go about doing it.
5. Segregate short term goals and write them down on a separate sheet of paper. Short term goals must have a date by which you should achieve them. Fixing a deadline this way also helps us to work towards achieving them. We should also be dedicated and committed to it.
6. Each short term goal should be listed along with the steps to go about achieving it and also the date by which you think it should be accomplished.
Not having long term goals in life is a major point of concern and it would exactly be a void. Let the goals be very basic, but it is extremely important to have long term goals. Setting long term goals is like planning for your future. Once you planned future goals, your present becomes clearer. As you go on achieving short term goals and also a few initial steps towards some long term goals, you will start feeling contented. You would have lot of achievements to your credit as days go by. Therefore, it is highly essential to have short term goals which help us in setting and achieving our long term goals. Just as failure is the stepping stone to success, short term goals are the entry points through which you traverse a longer path and achieve your long term goals in life.
Motivation is the highly essential thing in life. One should have high levels of motivation in order to aim and achieve big things in life. With motivation one would be able to take a few steps every day towards realizing their dreams in life which will ultimately give them a sense of contentedness.
This is a guest post by Sandra Mills freelance health, career, and travel writer. She enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures.
Why do you want to travel? Popular reasons include relaxing, seeing famous sights and broadening your horizons. Excuses can keep you from pursuing your dreams, though. Address these excuses head and then stop making them as you make travel plans today.
Travel Takes Too Much Time
Job, family and other commitments can keep you from traveling for pleasure. But you know that it’s possible to tweak your schedule and make time to pursue relaxing and fulfilling travel.
- Plan weekend getaways. Short weekend trips allow you to travel in short spurts. If possible, take a three-day weekend several times a year as you indulge your passion for sightseeing and exploration.
- Schedule long vacations at least a year in advance. This extended planning time ensures you obtain your passport and other travel documents, buy travel tickets and arrange reliable pet sitting months or weeks in advance instead of at the last minute.
Travel Jeopardizes Work
Your job is important, but it shouldn’t keep you from enjoying life. Whether you recently started a new job or work in an established career, these are three things to consider that will give you time to travel this year.
- Ask your boss about ways to increase available vacation time. Working a few extra overtime hours each week, trading days with coworkers or combining sick and vacation time could boost your available vacation days.
- Spend part of your vacation working. Ideally, vacations are for getting away from the office, but you may need to agree to check in via email at the very least. Be sure to set boundaries for how much time you’ll work and what tasks you’ll do so that you’re not spending all your travel time at work.
- Consider quitting your job. If you’re unhappy in your career and longing to travel, this seemingly drastic option may be one to think about. Shaking things up by leaving your current position will give you a fresh start when you return. Likewise, use your marketable skills to work while you travel, whether that means you perform manual labor, waitress or consulting online.
Travel Neglects the House
A home can become an invisible tether since it requires regular upkeep. You can maintain your home and travel, though, with creative solutions.
- Hire a house sitter. He or she can keep up with the lawn maintenance and perform other small tasks around the house as you travel.
- Swap houses. You live in someone else’s home, and they live in yours as you get to see the world and know that your home is cared for.
- Hire a caretaker. Maintenance, repairs and snow removal occur on schedule thanks to a live-in caretaker, neighbor, or a worker you’ve hired through a service.
Travel Costs Too Much Money
Vacations can be expensive as you pay for transportation to your destination, delicious local food and comfortable accommodations. You can afford the things you prioritize, however, so you’ll be able to afford to travel this year when you try a few money saving tips from Nomadic Matt.
- Cut expenses. Brew coffee at home, stop eating out so often, downsize your car and shop secondhand for clothing and home goods. Place the money you save into your travel fund.
- Increase your income. Take a second job at nights or on the weekends for extra cash. If you want to travel for weeks or months at a time, find a job in your host country where you bartend, work on farms or babysit.
- Couch surf. Thousands of people across the globe participate in couch surfing. It provides affordable accommodations and can be a lot of fun!
- Use a rail pass. If your destination allows for rail travel, buy a pass. It gives you flexible travel options and you’ll save the money you would have spent on individual trips, cab rides, etc. if you purchase one ahead of time, or at the station.
How many excuses do you have for not traveling? Put that energy into finding a workable solution instead. Stop making excuses and start planning your dream vacation today.