This is a guest post by Omar Negron, Co-Creator of www.PixPirations.com. A site created to share “Images That Inspire” all across the web.
“Life will knock us down but we choose to get back up.” Mr Han (Image source)
Who wants to wake up early when sleeping is oh so sweet? If you are the workaholic type and are experiencing lack of sleep, this idea of waking up early might sound impossible. However, once you start practicing it, become accustomed to it and enjoy the benefits of it, I bet you it will become a no brainer and you simply will wonder why you did not do it sooner.
What are the 7 Reasons for Waking up Early?
#1 Waking up Early Will Pave The Way For You To Have a Healthier Diet
Admit it, being busy and all, you usually do not have time for breakfast. That is why the word “brunch” was invented – late for breakfast, early for lunch. Brunch might sound okay, and it works well with the kind of lifestyle that you have, but you know it is not as healthy as having breakfast. I believe that back in kindergarten, you were taught how important it is not to skip breakfast.
But if you need to be reminded again: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why? Your body needs to recharge after you sleep and having a nutritious breakfast will do just that. By having breakfast, you have enough energy to perform your activities for the day. Look at it as a kick starter. And also, if you think that skipping breakfast will help you shed some pounds, you are mistaken. The more you skip breakfast, the more likely you are to eat unhealthy snacks during the day – you just do not realize it.
#2 Wake Up Early To Have Enough Time For Exercise
Exercising, even just for 15 minutes, will boost your energy and enthusiasm. Exercising will improve your mood, it uplifts your emotions and relieves you from stress and that will truly be helpful in starting your day right. The good thing about having your work out in the morning is that you will usually not have any reason to cancel it. Regular exercise will not only help you be more energetic, it will also help you lose weight and it can prevent certain diseases like heart disease.
#3 Waking Up Early Will Make You More Productive
How? The logic is simple – you will have more time to do what you need and want to do. And since you will be able to have a healthier lifestyle, like eating breakfast and getting enough exercise in the morning, you gain more energy and enthusiasm and become more energized, efficient, focused and driven.
#4 Say Goodbye To Stress by Waking Up Early
I know you will not believe this, but the truth is that your day will turn out to be more positive if you wake up early. Wake up early and you will not need to rush and you will substantially decrease your risk of arriving late at work or school.
#5 Wake up Early and Watch the Sunrise
When was the last time you have witnessed a sunrise? I bet you can’t remember. Seeing the sun when it is just about to rise is just one of the many free pleasures that can bring you a sprinkle of positivity and start your day in a great way.
#6 You Will Develop a Great Sleeping Pattern
By prioritizing to wake up early, you will discipline yourself to sleep early and have ample hours of rest. You will have enough time to recharge your body and keep it healthy. Having adequate sleep will enhance your brain’s functioning, so when at work or school, you will be able to improve your focus and concentration.
#7 Wake up Early and Experience Solitude
Since more than half of the community is probably still in bed, you will be able to experience quietude, peace or tranquility. You may even be able to meditate and have certain stresses relieved. Sometimes, you get so busy that you do not even have time to think or breathe…to really take a good breath. Having your own quiet time will help you get in touch with your thoughts, creativity and emotions – which can help provide a healthier sense of well-being.
Now, How Do You Do It?
The following are 7 simple steps that you can take to help you accomplish your goal of waking up earlier:
1. Do not do it drastically. You can start by waking up 30 minutes earlier than usual. And then once you are accustomed to it, gradually cut down another 15 or 30 minutes until you arrive at your goal time.
2. Make sure you sleep early. One way to do so is to get in bed early. You can read a book until you feel sleepy, instead of your usual late night TV or internet activities.
3. Do not put your alarm clock within arm’s reach. Place it somewhere far enough that you will need to get up out of your bed. By doing so, it will be more unlikely for you to hit the snooze button, because, well…you are already up.
4. Be goal-oriented and provide a good reason for you to wake-up early. Whether it is to have breakfast with your family or to have a quick jog – setting up a morning task will give you extra motivation and a purpose to get up early.
5. Make sure that you take advantage of the extra time you gain when you wake up early. Do not wake up early and just stare at the ceiling. Remember that you wake up early to jump start your day – so exercise, have breakfast, or just simply move.
6. Do not rationalize and listen to the voice inside your head. It will tell you that a few more minutes of sleep will not hurt, but it sure will. So resist it and get up right away.
7. Be consistent. The more you do it, the more your body will be accustomed to it and maybe in the future, you will not need an alarm clock to wake you up – you simply will get up and right on time.
No matter what you do for a living, overcoming obstacles and accomplishing various challenges is always the key to success. As an entrepreneur, employee or a blogger, you tend to slack down and feel defeated whenever your hard work doesn’t pay off. Little disappointments here and there can be very destructive. If you let it be that way, self-pity, insecurities, excuses will then drag you away from your success without you even realizing it.
The bad news is that you cannot avoid setbacks or obstacles in your life because like almost everyone else in this world, you’ve got a job which is not perfect. There are times you will need to go through the rough challenge and do things which you dislike. However, the good news here is that you can take action and stay motivated by following the recommended tips listed below:
1) Watch inspiring videos
It is very inspiring to watch how the other people struggle, confront and conquer their fear, and ultimately achieve great success in life. It is truly amazing to watch how these people (some born with defects, some suffer from mental illness) turn impossible into a miracle.
I believe inspiration is just like happiness, they are both contagious. When you watch the others work so hard to make a difference in their life and in other people life, you will suddenly have all the motivation you need to confront your current obstacles and break through it. This is because when you compare the hardship you are facing with what they have went through, the hardship you’re currently enduring will shrink drastically until so small as if it has disappeared.
You can utilize YouTube to find many inspiring videos. For example, some of the most inspiring videos I recommend are Nick Vujicic, Derek Redmond, and Team Hoyt. Just search for these titles and it will bring up more inspiring videos to enlighten your day.
This video is one of the seeds of inspiration for me.
Warning: Try to Watch Without Crying =)
It never fails to remind me about one thing: When You Don’t Give Up, You Cannot Fail
2) Make it Fun
Motivation will come back if you make it an interesting task to do. One of the ways to make things fun is to use a new approach to complete it. For example you realized it is hard to stay motivated when it comes to keep fit. Then perhaps you can try to work out in the gym instead of jogging which you have been doing over the weeks. Or perhaps you can walk around in the mall looking at things you like since walking is considered as an exercise too. If you feel bored studying, then you can try listening to your favorite music while studying, group study, or imagine you are the teacher and you are teaching a student. Unleash your creativity and ask yourself “How can I make it a fun thing to do?” Remember, there is no right or wrong as long as it doesn’t go overboard.
3) Set a Reward for Yourself
Set a tempting reward for yourself and enjoy the reward every time you reach the target milestone. It’s like putting a carrot in front of the donkey, putting a reward in front of you makes you keep moving. I’m not saying you are a donkey though, please don’t be too sensitive =) Whenever you slowed down, just visualize you have accomplished the task and you’re enjoying the reward you prepared for yourself. It will trigger your urge to taste the reward, make it even stronger and you will end up only working harder than before. Just be careful, don’t taste your reward until you accomplish the required task. I know how tempting the carrot is, but try not to take a bite until you finish your task, or else it would be meaningless.
4) Challenge your friend.
I personally like to do this a lot because it helps to turn the most boring task in the world into a fun and addictive game just in seconds. What you need to do is very simple. Just set a goal, and lay out some basic rules, and then see who will achieve that goal first among you and your friends. Make sure there is a reward for the winner, and of course, a punishment for the loser. After all it is a challenge. Believe or not, no matter how boring your task is, it will become a very fun thing to do when you and your friend are fighting to put the punishment on each other. Be serious with the task and have fun when someone got the punishment.
5) Keep a past record of achievement.
If you have done something continuously for the pass weeks, then you will have to record it down in your special little journal. Yes, I said it’s special because it is going to be a book of record of your own.
Have you ever played any games which the game mode is repetitious? These games on smart phones or Ipads are often so simple, repetitive, yet they are highly addictive. People find it addictive because they can’t stop challenging themselves for a new high score. If you have ever played fruit ninja and get addicted to it, then you would definitely understand what I mean. Yes, it’s all about chopping the fruits but it is so addictive because humans like to see themselves progress to a higher level.
What you need to do is very simple; treat your task like a game. Set different levels with your decided yardstick, and then see how far you can achieve. For example, you run as an exercise. For level 1, you need to run 1km; for level 2, you need to run 1.3km, so on and so forth. You will then get addicted to it because now it is not just a task to you anymore. It has become a challenge game. You can then get addicted to the task and have all the fun while doing it.
In conclusion, you can take various actions to stay motivated in doing inevitable or boring tasks by watching inspiring videos, using a new approach, rewarding oneself after accomplishing the task, and make things become fun to do. I personally use all of them based on the situation and the nature of the task, and I like tip no4 challenge your friend the most. I hope these tips will help you to stay motivated in the things you do too.
P.S. No matter how tough your current challenges are, you should never give up. If things do not happen as expected, it means that you might be pushing yourself against the flow of the tide. Reallocate your position, fine tune your strategy, and look at the current failure at least one degree different from your original standpoint is always the best way to beat all challenges in life.
Last but not least, I wish you all succeed in your life. All the best =)
Some Quotes about Challenge which might inspire you:
“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.” -Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym
“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
-Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
― Helen Keller, The Open Door
“Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” ― Roger Crawford
“Sometimes the darkest challenges, the most difficult lessons, hold the greates gems of light.” ― Barbara Marciniak, Family of Light: Pleiadian Tales and Lessons in Living
Let me know which tip you like the most =)
Also, I bet some of you have better ways to make big challenges a fun thing to do. So, do not forget to share them in the comment box yeah
Darren Chow writes at www.InspirationBoost.com. He truly believes that positivity is contagious, so does your smile. Thus, he founded Inspiration Boost with a core vision: to spread inspiration to as many people as possible.
Everyone knows reading is important, but have you ever asked yourself why is it so important? Here I list out 8 reasons why reading is important. Hope you can really find out the reason why reading is so important for you, so you got a brand new will to explore the world of reading.
1. Explore Yourself to New Thing
Through reading, you explore yourself to new thing, to new information, new ways to solve a problem, new way to achieve one thing. Who knows you might find your new hobbies within it? Who knows you might actually explore to one thing you really like and thus it become your career and success in the future? Exploration starts from reading and understanding.
2. Self Improvement
Reading does help you form a better you, isn’t it? Through reading, you understand the world more; through reading you get to understand more on a topic that interest you, for example: How to build self confidence, how to make a better planning before action; how to memorize things better and more. All these self development start from the reading; through reading, you structure the path towards a better understanding and better actions to take in the future.
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. -Charles W. Elio-
3. Improve Understanding
The more you read, the more you understand one thing, the A to Z of a thing. Let me give an example here: reading allows you understand about crocodiles and its habits that you need to beware of places it usually appear, in the purpose of stay away from being harmed or bitten by it. Or perhaps you can try by real life experience, in approaching the crocodile, to see what happen. It does help you find out the truth of something right? Reading also increases the understanding of the rules of life, in order for you to adapt, adopt and accommodate into the society better. To play well in a game, you first need to understand the rules well enough.
4. Preparation to Action
Before you take action on anything, where do you seek for help and guidance? Reading is essential way which can help you out. In today’s world, getting reviews and feedback from other people is a big impact on what your next decision, the pros and cons of one thing. Read about how to cook a meal; how to play chess; which place is nice for the holiday family trip; read the menu before ordering food, read the manual before using a new gadget. These all can help you become more prepared before really get into it.
Read > Learn > Do > Achieve
Reading is a starting step of many things, which build a more solid stairs for you to climb up achieving something big out there.
5. Gain Experience from Other People
When you are reading, you are actually gaining the knowledge and experience of someone. It can faster up your success towards one thing, as you don’t need to repeat the same mistake while focus on the right path in achieving one thing. It’s like a mountain of gems for you to discover in books, of people’s success, failures and advices. Life is too short for you to keep repeating the mistakes that had been done by other people in the past, in order for you to reach the results that someone might already reached. There are four thousand plus billionaire and 12 million millionaires today. To become one of them, the first thing is to learn and get to know their past, what they did in the past that makes them where they are today. Reading is a great path to get to know them, and learn from these great people.
The art of reading is in great part that of acquiring a better understanding of life from one’s encounter with it in a book. | André Maurois
6. Tools of Communicating
It is the most important tool of communicating, through reading, you communicate, through reading, you understand more, and thus you can communicate better with people. As if a person that know nothing, he hasn’t had anything to share, and he probably don’t even understand what people are sharing. Through reading, you build a more solid bridge of communication. It is one of the most important tools we use every day to connect with each other. Whereas if you don’t read, you can’t even connect with the world and what people are talking about out there, including understanding what this article is all about. Reading connects you with the world.
7. Connecting Your Brain
When reading, you’re in full silence, where reading connects directly to your brain. In silence, you seek for more; in silence, your brain is clear and focuses, thus you learn and grow, and therefore you feel and see from the point of view of the author, about everything in life. Hence you shape a better self.
Because silence exists with total abandon, it is fearless. Because silence is fearless, it holds the power that can break through any barrier. | On Silence
8. Boost Imagination and Creativity
Reading exposes you to a world of imagination, showing you nothing is impossible in this world. By reading, you are exploring a different angle to see a thing you’ve known, on how different action leads to different results. Books are beyond imagination, it’s like a huge spider web, where you keep linking to more and more, to things you knew, and things you just learn, structuring a new solution and answers.
So in your opinion, why is reading so important to you?
100 Little Tricks to Fill Your Life With Happiness
1. Look at the mirror and smile =D
2. Laugh out loud – it will cheers you up from outside to inner part of you
3. Accept your shortcoming – We aren’t perfect, and we make mistakes. Accept your fault, laugh, and improve.
4. Accept what cannot be change
5. Accept that there’s no perfection in life, just better and better
6. Stop over expecting things
7. Getting rid of negative habits – Stop blaming and complaining
8. Live in present – Not past, nor future
9. Reward yourself when you done or achieve something
10. Cry – Cry is fine, and it is better than holding your stress and emotion inside
11. Simplify your life and Stay focus – Clear out distraction and you can do better in everything
12. Focus on solution instead of problem
13. Learn from your failure – how you handle your failure will largely impact your happiness
14. Buy a present to someone
15. Say thank you to someone
16. Edify and praise someone on what they are good at
17. Be grateful with everything in life
18. Wake up early and start your day with happy thought and energy
19. Forgive someone’s mistake and stop holding hatred in you
20. Read a joke/tell your friend a joke
21. Read a book – you explore yourself to a bigger world through reading, and eventually you’ll find more interesting things to do too
22. Write a journal
23. Write a list of everything you gratitude and appreciate
24. Take action – stop the laziness
25. Being productive
26. Take a deep breath – Get some fresh air
27. Take a short nap/sleep
28. Take a cold bath
29. Take a walk outdoor
30. Go to somewhere calm and silence – library, art gallery, relaxing coffee house
31. Bring your pet for a walk, play with your pet – If no, adopt a pet – dog, cat, etc
32. Listen to music – better relaxing one like instrumental music
33. Play a game
34. Seek back one of your childhood game and play with your friends
35. Watch a movie, entertainment show
36. Give someone a lovely hug
37. Hang out with friends – surround yourself with happy people
38. Put yourself in a happy environment
39. Give your old friend a call
40. Chat with your friends
41. Stay away from negative people – they will steal your happiness away
42. Go shopping
43. Be in nature – ocean, forest, mountain, etc
44. Adventure – Camping, hiking, etc
45. Join group you interest in – Photography club, Racing Club, Hiking Club, etc
46. Gardening – Plant a tree, flower, or small cactus (or buy a small flowerpot to put on your desk)
47. Clean up your working desk and make it clean
48. Clean your house
49. Paint your house with light colour
50. Spray perfume around you
51. Dress up clothes you love
52. Do charity
53. Volunteer helping someone
54. Ask for help – when you really in need of help, don’t hesitate to call for it
55. Sharing is caring – share your knowledge with others, share a book, share a blog post that inspire you
56. Donating money or goods
57. Make someone else feel good
58. Take a vacation
59. Eat something – vegetables, chocolate, snacks
60. Having healthy meal – Without health, you can’t even smiling
61. Exercise your mind – scrabble, Sudoku, chess, etc
62. Exercise your body – cycling, badminton, basketball, football, etc
63. Free your mind and body – Meditate, Yoga
64. Massage – release stress and you’ll feel great
65. Cook a meal for yourself
66. Drink clean water
67. Look at anything beautiful – scenery, car, flowers, sexy girl, etc
70. Go to Club and dance – care nothing, just dance
71. List out things that make you happy and think of it for awhile
72. Spend few minutes each day thinking of what makes you happy on that day
73. Learn and try a new thing
74. Make new friends
75. Treasure your family, hang out with them
76. Go out and snap photos
77. Create a new hobby/habit
78. Buy something you wanted for so long
79. Get in love, love someone
80. Avoid Comparison – It is damaging your happiness and self-esteem
81. Stay away from noise (and sometimes stay away from the crowd will helps too)
82. Be enthusiastic on everything you do
83. Enjoy every single moment
84. Setting goals and imagine if it comes true, then take action to achieve it
85. Look through your old photo
86. Organize/join a party
87. Be creative – Don’t be a live death man/woman
88. Colour your environment with yellow and green – Based on Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, adults reported feeling happier when in the presence of the colours green and yellow.
889. Writing a list of 100 of what you wish to do, own and where you want to go.
90. Quit – If you are unhappy with something, quit.
91. Don’t be afraid of change, *you might love your new hairstyle which you afraid to try before.
92. Spend time with baby/children – they can get happy with many simple and tiny things, it’s where you learn back happiness no longer exist in you with the grow of age and reality fits into your life
93. Believe that things will gets better
94. Know that you have a choice in life
95. Understand what can make you happy, and do it
96. Do what you like
97. Eat what you love
98. Know that you’re special
99. Read this article and find what you can do at that time
100. Don’t worry, be happy
~Discover what successful people have in common
~Reveal 6 powerful steps to get anything you want
~Learn how to turn failure into success
~Find out why some people excel but others don't
+and much more