Quotes about Challenges
When life puts you in tough situations
Don’t say “why me”
Just say “try me”
Martin Luther King Jr Challenges Quotes
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Michael Jordan Play to Win Quotes
I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.
Steve Maraboli Letting Go Quotes
Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
Bob Marley Love Quotes
Overcome the devils with a thing called love
Matthew Keith Groves Winner Quotes
Winners lose much more often than losers. So if you keep losing but you’re still trying, keep it up! You’re right on track.
Vince Lombardi Never Give Up Quotes
It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
Thomas Edison Failure Quotes
Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Theodore Roosevelt Action Quotes
Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
This is a guest post by Sandra Mills freelance health, career, and travel writer. She enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures.
Why do you want to travel? Popular reasons include relaxing, seeing famous sights and broadening your horizons. Excuses can keep you from pursuing your dreams, though. Address these excuses head and then stop making them as you make travel plans today.
Travel Takes Too Much Time
Job, family and other commitments can keep you from traveling for pleasure. But you know that it’s possible to tweak your schedule and make time to pursue relaxing and fulfilling travel.
- Plan weekend getaways. Short weekend trips allow you to travel in short spurts. If possible, take a three-day weekend several times a year as you indulge your passion for sightseeing and exploration.
- Schedule long vacations at least a year in advance. This extended planning time ensures you obtain your passport and other travel documents, buy travel tickets and arrange reliable pet sitting months or weeks in advance instead of at the last minute.
Travel Jeopardizes Work
Your job is important, but it shouldn’t keep you from enjoying life. Whether you recently started a new job or work in an established career, these are three things to consider that will give you time to travel this year.
- Ask your boss about ways to increase available vacation time. Working a few extra overtime hours each week, trading days with coworkers or combining sick and vacation time could boost your available vacation days.
- Spend part of your vacation working. Ideally, vacations are for getting away from the office, but you may need to agree to check in via email at the very least. Be sure to set boundaries for how much time you’ll work and what tasks you’ll do so that you’re not spending all your travel time at work.
- Consider quitting your job. If you’re unhappy in your career and longing to travel, this seemingly drastic option may be one to think about. Shaking things up by leaving your current position will give you a fresh start when you return. Likewise, use your marketable skills to work while you travel, whether that means you perform manual labor, waitress or consulting online.
Travel Neglects the House
A home can become an invisible tether since it requires regular upkeep. You can maintain your home and travel, though, with creative solutions.
- Hire a house sitter. He or she can keep up with the lawn maintenance and perform other small tasks around the house as you travel.
- Swap houses. You live in someone else’s home, and they live in yours as you get to see the world and know that your home is cared for.
- Hire a caretaker. Maintenance, repairs and snow removal occur on schedule thanks to a live-in caretaker, neighbor, or a worker you’ve hired through a service.
Travel Costs Too Much Money
Vacations can be expensive as you pay for transportation to your destination, delicious local food and comfortable accommodations. You can afford the things you prioritize, however, so you’ll be able to afford to travel this year when you try a few money saving tips from Nomadic Matt.
- Cut expenses. Brew coffee at home, stop eating out so often, downsize your car and shop secondhand for clothing and home goods. Place the money you save into your travel fund.
- Increase your income. Take a second job at nights or on the weekends for extra cash. If you want to travel for weeks or months at a time, find a job in your host country where you bartend, work on farms or babysit.
- Couch surf. Thousands of people across the globe participate in couch surfing. It provides affordable accommodations and can be a lot of fun!
- Use a rail pass. If your destination allows for rail travel, buy a pass. It gives you flexible travel options and you’ll save the money you would have spent on individual trips, cab rides, etc. if you purchase one ahead of time, or at the station.
How many excuses do you have for not traveling? Put that energy into finding a workable solution instead. Stop making excuses and start planning your dream vacation today.
Sidney Greenberg Success Quotes
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.
Bob Marley Life Question Quotes
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
Frank Sinatra Revenge Quotes
The best revenge is massive success.
Winston Churchill Success Quotes
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Friedrich Nietzsche Live Quotes
He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.
Chad Sugg Life Quote
If you’re reading this…
Congratulations, you’re alive.
If that’s not something to smile about,
then I don’t know what is.
Brad Paisley – New Year Quotes
Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.
Mark Twain Live Quotes
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry
1. Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances & never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
2. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
3. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
I don’t want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.
Respect is one of life’s greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don’t have that?
When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them.
Dr Seuss Be Yourself Quotes
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…