Mother Teresa Giving Quotes
It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
Marilyn Monroe Relationship Quotes
It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You’re not alone.
Dalai Lama Meaningful Quotes
Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.
Anais Nin Love Quotes
Love never dies a natural death.
It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source.
It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals.
It dies of illness and wounds.
it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
Linda Poindexter – Fathers Quotes
When my father didn’t have my hand . . . he had my back.
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” Jim Valvano
- “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’ ” Michael Jordan
- “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” William Shakespeare
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” Clarence B. Kelland
- “Nothing I’ve ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.” Bill Cosby
- “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” Theodore Hesburgh
- “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” Reed Markham
- “When my father didn’t have my hand . . . he had my back.” Linda Poindexter
- “There are three stages of a man’s life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.” Author Unknown
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” Sigmund Freud
John Green – Teenage Life Quotes
When adults say, “Teenagers think they are invincible” with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don’t know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.
William Shakespeare Love Quotes
Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
Zig Ziglar Motivational Quotes
You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.
Anne Frank Happy Quotes
Whoever is happy will make others happy too.
George Bernard Shaw Qutoe About Idea
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
Top 101 Most Popular Quotes of All Time
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances & never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted.”
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.”
- “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*ck on.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
Martin Luther King Jr
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
“I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- “Don’t expect your friend to be a perfect person. But, help your friend to become a perfect person. That’s true friendship..”
- “Ignore those people who’s always talking behind your back. That’s where they belong, just behind your back.”
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion!”
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
Bernard M. Baruch
- “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – That’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
- “Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.”
John F. Kennedy
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
William Watson Purkey
- “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
- “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- “Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.”
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
- “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- “Great minds discusss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion!”
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
- “A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
- “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not…”
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.”
- “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.”
Gordon A. Eadie
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
- “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
- “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .””
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
- “If you’re born poor, it’s not your mistake. But if you die poor, it’s your mistake.”
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- “I live by ‘Go big or go home.’ That’s with everything. It’s like either commit and go for it or don’t do it at all. I apply that to everything. I apply that to relationships, I apply that to like sports, I apply that to everything. That’s what I live by. That’s how I like it.”
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
- “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
- “Silence & smile are two powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems & Silence is the way to avoid many problems.”
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
- “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.”
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
- “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”
- “You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back…”
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- “Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.”
- “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
- “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
Martin Luther King Jr
- “Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong.”
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
- “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
- ”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
- “I don’t dislike my haters, they dislike me. I’m doing nothing wrong, I’m just being me.”
- “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
- “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs!”
- “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.”
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
- “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it can.”
- “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”
“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
*So what’s your favorite quote? Share it in comment.
George Washington Mother Quote
My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
Bob Marley Greatness Quotes
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Audrey Hepburn Help Quotes
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
Wall Quotes – Darnell Lamont Walker
Sometimes our walls exist just to see who has the strength to knock them down.
No One is Perfect Quotes
“Find good people and leave the bad ones.”
But I say,
“Find the good in people and ignore the bad in them.”
Because no one is perfect.
Kahlil Gibran Love Quotes
If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don’t, they never were.
Dalai Lama Purpose of Religion Quotes
The purpose of religion is to control yourself, not to criticise others.
Martin Luther King Jr Challenges Quotes
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.